COVID Pick up Protocol
Below is the updated protocol to keep us all safe. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- For newcomers, the vegetables are placed in large bins under a tent in my driveway. Pick up is in open air which creates a much lower risk environment for COVID transmission. Eggs will be in the cooler.
- Wear a face mask when near others.
- Bring 1-2 of your own reusable bags, boxes or paper bags.
- Check off your name from the sign in sheet. If your name is not on the list, please knock on the front door to inquire.
- Examine the vegetables with your eyes not your hands. Do not rummage through the veggie bins.
- Although it pains me to write this, please avoid bringing small children to pick up. Kids at pick up has always been one of the fun perks of the CSA, but given the current situation, we have to limit it this year. If you need to bring them, ask your kids to wait on the front lawn while you collect your vegetables so as to avoid them in the tent area.
- I’ll place a few cones at 6ft distances in front of the tent in case there are a few people who arrive at the same time.
- Once you collect your share, please exit the tent area quickly. If you see a friend and want to chat, move to the lawn area, sidewalk or other nearby areas to give space to people entering the tent.
- Farmer John has pre-weighed any items that need it and is trying to limit veggie “choices” so that pick it up cleaner, easier and quicker.
- If any member is particularly high risk and feels the need for a pre-boxed/bagged share, please reach out to me directly to make arrangements.